Please read the instructions below carefully. If you have any questions please contact your assessor via e-mail or phone and they will be more than happy to talk you through the process. Once you have read the instructions, please click here ‘Energy Form’ or the button at the end of these instructions.
Please note, you will not be allowed to submit the form until the correct data has been submitted.
We realise that some of the data required will have already been supplied to your assessor, if this is the case, please enter XXX in the boxes that require the information to be submitted.
In order to complete your Display Energy Certificate, we require the following information:
- 12 months HEATING energy consumption, ending no more than 3 months ago from today’s date.
e.g. If your main heating fuel is GAS, and the current month is April 2013, you could supply the ‘METER READINGS’ for February 2012 and February 2013. This would give 12 months worth GAS of consumption.
The 12 month period can be stretched by plus or minus (+/-) 31 days
e.g. you can provide a 11, 12 or 13 month period. We will interpolate/extrapolate the data to provide 12 months.
If you have more than one GAS meter on site, then click ‘add meter’ and supply the meter readings for that meter.
Please note it is important that the ’METER READING DATES’ you give for each meter must align by no greater than +/- 31 days with the 1st meter reading you gave.
e.g. If your 1st meter reading was read in 01/02/2012, the METER READING DATE for your 2nd meter can at the earliest/latest be: 01/01/2012 or 01/03/2012.
- 12 months ELECTRICITY energy consumption, ending no more than 3 months ago.
The alignment criteria and ‘add meter’ apply as above, also, you must make sure that the ‘METER READING DATE’ of your 1st ELECTRICITY meter align within +/- 31 days of the 1st ‘METER READING DATE’ of your GAS meter.
e.g. If your 1st GAS ‘METER READING DATE’ was 01/02/2012, then the ‘METER READING DATE’ of your 1st ELECTRIC meter can at the earliest/latest be: 01/01/2012 or 01/03/2012.
Sometimes electricity is read by an Automatic Meter Reader (AMR) and your bills may only provide the monthly consumption, not the actual ‘meter reading’. If this is the case, please contact your provider and ask them to provide you with a download of your consumption. When you receive this, please upload/e-mail to your assessor.
- Upload / fax / e-mail / post - The energy bills from which you have got this data.
If the data was provided as an excel spreadsheet from your energy (Utility) company, please upload this. If the meter readings were taken from meter reading collected by a member of staff, please fill in this declaration sheet.
- Floor area of your building in meters squared
- Upload / fax /e-mail / post – the floor plans of the building (if you have not already supplied this to your assessor)
- Identification of any additional building on site that share the same energy supply as the subject building. We need to know this so we can discount their consumption from the final certificate. If there are no additional buildings, please leave blank.
If you have more than one building that requires a certificate, please fill out and submit a form for each individual building.